Mountain Holiday 3 days -Kamikochi Takayama, Shirakawa-go
2 Nights from $1,279
(* Price is per person.)
The tour operates twice a week from Tokyo between April and November. If you are looking for a tour that takes in some of Japan’s natural beauty, talk to us about our new Mountain Holiday Tours.
|Departure||08 May - 09 Nov : Sun, Wed
( Except 17 Jul, 07,10,14 Aug, 18 Sep, 09 Oct 02 Nov)
|Meals||No meals included|
|Guide||English speaking guide service included days 1-3 except while on board train & express bus|
|Minimum participaints||2 People|
|Code||One Way Trip:JG-3GL 800O|
|Round Trip : JG-3GL800R|
|Triple reduction available|
Round Trip additional charge required
* Breakfast plan available tour code: JG-SUN3GL800BO (One Way) / SUN3GL800BR ( Round Trip)
* Seasonal surcharge apply: 20 Jul - 06 Nov 2016
Tokyo - Kamikochi - Takayama
Assemble at Keio Plaza Hotel* and walk to Shinjuku Station. Take the train to Matsumoto station (180 min) and then a motorcoach to Kamikochi. Visit the famously beautiful mountainous area of Kamikochi - rich in stunning natural vistas and crystal clear lakes!
Take a motorcoach to Hirayu Bus station, then take a motor coach to Takayam Bus terminal. Walk to the Hotel.
Stay at Hida hotel Plaza or similar.
Takayama - Shirakawa-go - Takayama
From the Hotel, walk to Miyagawa Morning Market. After spending sometime expolring the market walk to Takayama bus terminal. Take a local bus to the Wrold Heritage site, Shirakawa-go and the Shirakawa-go Observatory. After viewing and exploring Shirakawa-go, take a local bus back to Takayama bus terminal and walk back to the Hida Plaza Hotel.
Stay at Hida hotel Plaza or similar.
Day 3: Takayama - Kyoto( One Way) / Takayama - Tokyo( Round Trip)
From the hotel, walk to Yatai Kaikan Hall and spend 45 mins viewing the exhibited floats. Walk to Kusakabe Folk Museum when you will still find merchant houses dating from the prosperous Edo period. After the Kusakabe Folk Museum, walk to Kami Sanno Machi Town (Takayama's Old Town) where many old homes, shops, coffee houses and sake breweries, some of which have been in business for centuries.
Walk to Takayama Station and take a train to Nagoya Station. From here take to Shinkansen Nozomi back to Kyoto station.
Walk to Takayama Station and take a train to Nagoya Station. From here take to Shinkansen Nozomi back to Tokyo station.
1. This is a special tour for international visitors. Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour.
2. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 20 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
3. Depending on traffic, weather, and other unforeseeable circumstances, the itinerary may have to be altered and/or a site visit shortened.
4. Temperatures drop significantly in Kamikochi. Please bring coats or other warm clothing in spring and fall.
5. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes which you don't mind getting dirty. An easy to carry bag is also recommended.
6. Please inform us of your accommodation for the day prior to, and after the tour. The final itinerary will be sent via fax.
If you are staying at a private residence, please inform us of the address, the householder's name, telephone number, FAX number and the e-mail address.
7. A transfer to a bus may be required between Matsumoto and Kamikochi (at Shin-Shimashima).
8. Sightseeing buses will not be allowed to enter the Kamikochi area on specific days during the high season from July to October. When a tour day falls on such specific day, the tour may use a public route bus.
9. In some tours, the guide may take the participants to the designated bus at Kamikochi but will not ride along to Hirayu. In this case, a different guide will be accompanying participants from Hirayu.
10. Depending on the number of participants, a private car may be used instead of public transportation.
<One Way >
Baggage transfer not available. Please make own arrangement to have baggage transported. Do not have adequate space for Baggage storage.
Please carry your own baggage. We recommend leaving large luggage such as suit cases in your hotel in Tokyo since space on the Shinkansen and bus are limited.
Service fee may apply.