Day 1 Tokyo
08:50 - 09:00 am: Departure by bus.
National Diet Building: Drive-by
Imperial Palace: Formerly known as Edo Castle, this palace is the residence of the Emperor of Japan.The grounds are lush with green foliage and provide a relaxing spot for Tokyoites and visitors alike.
Tsukiji Outer Fish Market: Market Japan's No.1 place for seafood with over 400 shops including fresh fish retailers, grocers, and restaurants. Enjoy shopping and try some local food while exploring this one-of-a-kind location.
Senso-ji Temple & Nakamise Shopping Street: Tokyo's oldest temple, offers plenty to see including the bright red Kaminarimon Gate, a statue of the god of thunder, and a five-story pagoda. The bustling street known as Nakamise" stretches for about 250 m from Kaminarimon Gate to Senso-ji Temple and is filled with a plethora of shops.
Lunch: Japanese style lunch.
Sumida River Cruise: Listen to the onboard announcements that introduce Azumabashi Bridge, Kiyosubashi Bridge, and other bridges with distinct structures and coloring, all while enjoying the "now" of a changing Tokyo.
Odaiba & Rainbow Bridge: Drive-by
Toyosu Market: Toyosu Market is Tokyo's newest kitchen that opened in October 2018. Enjoy the observation deck where you can see the fisheries and produce wholesale area, the market's exhibition gallery, and a lawned rooftop greening plaza that looks out on the "now" of the bay area.
teamLab Borderless: Experience a 10,000 square meter three-dimensional world with no boundaries.
19:00 pm: Tour ends near Shinjuku Station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter
- Bus fare
- Sumida River Cruise fare
- teamLab admission fee
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- For Toyosu Market, please be aware of the following:
(1) Participants will not be able to see the tuna auction as it is early in the morning.
(2) As the tour is in the afternoon, many restaurants and shops in the public market that cater to vendors have finished operations.
(3) While the fisheries and produce wholesale areas will be viewable from observation decks, the auction will have finished in the morning.
(4) When the market is closed on Sundays, holidays, and some Wednesdays, the tour will view the site from the bus and visit Odaiba, a site in the Tokyo bay area that amusement facilities such as Miraikan - a museum that boasts of Japan's latest science and technology - and Gundam Front Tokyo. (Participants must pay for paid facilities on their own)
- On the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month when teamLab Borderless is closed, the tour will be taken to teamLab Planets.
Participants are free to leave partway so that they may take their time seeing teamLab Borderless or Planets.
In that event, please note that participants will need to head back to their hotel on their own and that there will be no partial refund of the tour booking charge.
- Non-paying infants age 5 and under will not be provided their own seat on the bus (they must sit on the lap of a parent or guardian), and their lunch charge (charge required for ages 0-5), Sumida River Cruise fare (fare required for ages 1-5), and admission fee to teamLab Borderless (fee required for ages 4-5) are also not included. If required, please book them under the child rate (ages 6-11).
- For lunch vegetarian meals are available, but must be request when booking is made.
- During busy periods, participants may be asked to wait outside 1 hour or longer before they are allowed admission to teamLab Borderless. Please take the necessary measures for protection against the heat or cold based on the season.
- If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.