Experience Japan's national symbol up close by climbing from Mt. Fuji's 5th Station to its peak, where you'll see the sun rise over Japan. You'll begin your hike up the iconic mountain shortly after arriving at Mt. Fuji's 5th station by bus from Tokyo. This tour also includes a chance to rest at one of the popular mountainside huts at the 7th station before departing for the final leg of your journey to the top! Your hard work will pay off as you watch the sun dramatically rise over Japan from the highest point in the country. After descending the mountain, relax in the hot springs while admiring views of Mt. Fuji at Lake Yamanaka Onsen's Benifuji-no-Yu.
9,11,13,16,18,20,23,25,17,30 Jul 2017
1,3,6,8,10,13,15,17,20,22,24,27,29,31 Aug 2017
2.9 Sep 2017
|* No vegetarian or other options are available.|
|Guide||Escorted by an English-speaking tour guide and Japanese-speaking mountain guide.|
|Pick-up service||Not available. Assemble at Hotel Keio Plaza Tokyo (main building, 3rd floor) in Shinjuku by 7:00 am.|
|Drop-off service||Not available. Tour disbands on arrival at Shinjuku Station.|
|Baggage||Customers will be responsible for carrying their own belongings. Please bring only the items necessary to climb the mountain when you join this tour. * You cannot leave your belongings inside the bus while you are climbing the mountain. You may leave your belongings behind at the 5th Station rest house for free. Nor the 5th Station rest house will be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged belongings left at the 5th Station rest house.|
1. The elevation at the 5th station is about 2,300m, and 3,000m at the 7th station where the tour will shortly rest to sleep. The peak of the mountain is at an altitude of about 3,500m, where the temperature often falls under 5°C, and the temperature difference between the 5th station and the peak is sometimes more than 15°C. Take precautions for cold weather and verify what to bring at the following link. http://www.jtbgmt.com/japaninfocus/leisure/pdf/climbing-mt.fuji-bring.pdf
2. Take precautions to avoid altitude sickness, which can occur as the air thins at high altitude, such as getting enough sleep the night before the tour, and repeatedly check your physical condition while climbing.
3. The purpose of this course is to see the sunrise from Mt. Fuji, so all participants will climb to a mountain hut accommodation above the 7th station on the first day. Participants may be unable to see the sunrise from the mountain due to weather or crowding on the mountain path, but please understand that these will not be accepted as reasons for a refund.
4. Generally the tour will be carried out even in the case of rain, but in the case of bad weather at Mt. Fuji the guides will determine whether to halt the tour with first consideration to safety. Also, the above times, climbing time, route, and arrival times may vary greatly depending on weather and crowding conditions.
5. An English-speaking interpreter-guide will accompany you throughout the entire tour, and a mountain climbing guide (speaking Japanese only) will also accompany you from the 5th station to the peak and back.
6. This is a shared tour with Japanese tourists.
7. Since the creation of a participant name list is required for safety purposes, we ask that all participants please provide their names and emergency contact details on the first day of the tour.
8. Participants choosing to use a mountain hut accommodation other than 'Toyokan' are responsible for all expenses.
9. The mountain hut accommodation consists of a mixed men's and women's room with bunkbeds, and less than 1 mat of space per person (about 1m by 2m). There are no bathing-facilities at the mountain hut, and non-flushing Japanese-style toilets are available outside.
10. If you are late for the 2nd day departure from Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th Station (around 11:30, to be determined on the 2nd day of the tour), you will be responsible for the transportation costs to your next destination.
11. There is no vegetarian option for dinner on the 1st day or breakfast on the 2nd day. Those with dietary restrictions should prepare and bring their meals for mountain climbing. Dinner on the 1st day is hamburg steaks, and breakfast on the 2nd day is 2 pieces of inarizushi (rice wrapped in fried tofu). Participants can order additional drinks and food at the mountain hut at their own expense.
12. Children 5 years and under cannot participate in this tour. Those between 6 and 15 years old must be accompanied by someone 20 years old or older. Those between 16 and 19 may participate by themselves if an agreement form signed by their parent or guardian is received by us within 4 days before the tour.
13. Mountain accident insurance is not included in this tour. (Customers of non-Japanese nationality are unable to enrol in Japanese mountain accident insurance.) We recommend customers enrol in overseas travel insurance before leaving their country.
14. Please inform us of your previous accommodation and contact details when making your reservation.
15. The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not met within 21 days prior to the tour.
16. The Mount Fuji Preservation contribution is not included in the tour price. Participants may make a contribution at Mt. Fuji on a voluntary basis.
17. According to Yamanashi prefecture ordinance, persons with tattoos are prohibited from bathing in hot springs. Customers with tattoos are unable to bathe at Benifuji-no-Yu.
07:00-07:10 Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel main building 3F guest relations desk, in front of the Sunrise Tours sign board
07:30 Departure from Shinjuku Metropolitan Government large parking lot
11:30 (90 min) Arrive at Mt. Fuji - Kawaguchi Lake 5th Station.
Eat your lunch and prepare for the climb.
13:00 (160 min) Start to climb Mount Fuji from Lake Kawaguchi 5th station (2,304m).
17:00 Arrive at Mountain Hut 'Toyokan' above Mt. Fuji 7th station (2,910m). Dinner included. You can also order extra food and drink by own expense. Take a nap in the Hut, you can use bank bed in unisex room.
22:00 (300 min) Depart from Mountain Hut 'Toyokan' above Mt. Fuji 7th station. You will take the breakfast (Inari-sushi) and climb to the summit for about 5 hours.
03:00-05:00 Visiting Mount Fuji mountaintop and the mountain crater. (3,776m). Have a breakfast at the top.
05:00-09:00 Descend via Yoshida Trail towards Lake Kawaguchi (about 4 hours). Includes 45min rest time.
09:00-11:30 The Mount Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th station. Get back to the bus and transfer to Lake Yamanaka Onsen, Benifuji-no-Yu. (150 min) Take a natural hot spa with Mt. Fuji view. (Persons with tattoos are prohibited from bathing in hot springs according to Yamanashi Law)
18:00-19:00 Shinjuku. Tour will disband near JR Shinjuku Station.