This hugely popular tour includes special entry to the advance-only Ghibli Museum!
The museum features a plethora of exhibits including animation production processes and Ghibli original short animated feature viewable only at the museum. You will also visit the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum that is featuring historical structures with high cultural significance. Walk down streets lined with colourful and intriguing buildings which evoke an atmosphere just like in a Ghibli film.
08 Jan - 28 Feb 2020: Wed, Thu, Fri
02 Mar - 18 Dec 2020: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
(except 18 - 29 May, 4 - 13 Nov 2020)
9:50 -10:00 am: Assemble at Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo in Shinjuku.
Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum or Jindai-ji Temple / Takahata Fudoso Temple
15:00 - 17:30 pm: Visi Ghibli Museum
18:15 - 18:30 pm: Tour ends near Shinjuku station
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter
- Ghibli Museum Entrance ticket
- Edo-Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum admission fee
- Other admission cost and transportation included in the tour
1. The tour will be cancelled if Ghibli Museum is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Information on closed days in 2020 will be determined starting from January 2020. Please be aware that tour dates are subject to change.
If the tour cannot visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo or Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum due to facility circumstances, an alternate destination will be visited and the tour will still be held. Please note that in this case, refunds will not be provided.
2. Baby strollers cannot be taken into Ghibli Museum.
3. Children 3 years of age and younger may join the tour, but they will not be provided with bus seats or meals.
4. Participants may not go directly to the destination on their own, and may not join the tour midway. Leaving the tour midway at Ghibli Museum is allowed. In such cases, customers must head to their next destination on their own from Ghibli Museum, and no refunds will be provided.
5. The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter does not provide guidance inside Ghibli Museum.
After arriving at Ghibli Museum, participants will have time to walk freely through the museum once entrance procedures are finished.
6. Arrival times may be delayed by traffic conditions.
7. Please understand that vegetarian options are not available.
8. Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays. (Open if Monday is a holiday.) In such cases, the tour will visit Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
9. Meal Venue
In the case that the meal cannot be provided at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo due to facility circumstances, the meal venue will be changed.