This hugely popular tour includes special entry to the advance-only Ghibli Museum!
The museum features a plethora of exhibits including animation production processes and Ghibli original short animated feature viewable only at the museum. You will also visit the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum that is featuring historical structures with high cultural significance. Walk down streets lined with colourful and intriguing buildings which evoke an atmosphere just like in a Ghibli film.
9:50 -10:00 am: Depart from Shinjuku by bus.
Lunch at Gajoen Tokyo: Take a commemorative photo and enjoy a buffet lunch at a spectacular, historical hotel said to be the inspiration for a famous Ghibli film.
Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum: The Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is an outdoor museum featuring historical structures with high cultural significance which have been moved to the museum from their original sites, recreated and preserved for exhibit. Walk down streets lined with colorful and intriguing buildings which evoke an atmosphere just like in a Ghibli film.
15:00-17:30 pm Ghibli Museum: Enjoy freely walking around inside.The museum features a plethora of exhibits including animation production processes, a reading room, and a Ghibli original short animated feature viewable only at the museum.
18:15 - 18:30 pm: Tour ends near Shinjuku station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter
- Ghibli Museum Entrance ticket
- Edo-Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum admission fee
- Other admission cost and transportation included in the tour
- Participants who are late for the departure time will have their reservations canceled. Please give yourself plenty of time.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If the tour cannot visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo due to facility circumstances, the tour will still be held and an alternate destination will be visited.
- Participants may not go directly to the destination on their own, and may not join the tour midway. Leaving the tour midway at Ghibli Museum is allowed. In such cases, customers must head to their next destination on their own from Ghibli Museum, and no refunds will be provided.
- Arrival times may be delayed by traffic conditions.
- The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter does not provide guidance inside Ghibli Museum. After arriving at Ghibli Museum, participants will have time to walk freely through the museum once entrance procedures are finished.
- Baby strollers cannot be taken into Ghibli Museum.
- Children 3 years of age and younger may join the tour, but they will not be provided with bus seats or meals.
- The tour will be canceled if Ghibli Museum is closed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays. (Open if Monday is a holiday.) In such cases, the tour will visit Jindai-ji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
- If the minimum number of participants is not met, the tour may be canceled.