Are you staying only in Tokyo, but want to drop by Kyoto for a bit by Japan's high speed trains?
No worries! This day tour includes round-trip Shinkansen tickets from Tokyo to Kyoto and a full day of sightseeing in Kyoto. You can visit famous temples, a shrine, a castle, and other majestic places of interest in Kyoto in 1 day!
6:00 - 6:20 am: Depart from Tokyo/Shinagawa station. Board the Shinkansen on your own from Tokyo and head to Kyoto.
08:00 - 08:20 am: Arrive at Kyoto Station. Head to the meeting point on your own (across from the Kyoto station).
08:30 am: Meet the guide and join the Kyoto full day tour by bus.
Nijo-jo Castle: A World Heritage site. Tour the historical castle completed in 1626, which was built to provide lodging for the Tokugawa Shogun and as a palladium for Kyoto Imperial Palace. The impressive, elaborate carvings and decors in the Ninomaru Palace are a must-see.
Kinkaku-ji Temple: A World Heritage site. The wooden architecture is covered in thin layers of pure gold and is surrounded by a beautiful pond.
Kyoto Imperial Palace: See the Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was used as the Emperor's residence until about 150 years ago.
Lunch: Set menu.
Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine: Fushimi Inari Taisha is the head shrine of 40,000 inari-jinja shrines located all over Japan. The bright red Senbon Torii gates are a must-see attraction.
Sanjusangen-do Temple: Visit the world's longest wooden structure, housing 1,001 life-size statues of Buddhist Kannon deities dating back to the 13th century.
Kiyomizu-dera Temple: The view of Kyoto from the World Heritage Site of Kiyomizu-dera is superb. The historic shopping lane that leads to the temple adds to a wonderful experience.
17:30 - 18:30 pm: Full day sightseeing tour ends after arrival at Kyoto Station.
Free time: Until Shinkansen departure. Enjoy sightseeing in Kyoto on your own until time for shinkansen departure.
20:00 - 21:00 pm: Depart from Kyoto Station. Customers are to board the Shinkansen on your own from Kyoto Station and head to Tokyo.
22:30 - 23:30 pm: Tour ends upon arrival at Shinagawa/Tokyo station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- Return NOZOMI shinkansen ordinary ticket between Tokyo and Kyoto
- Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter for full day Kyoto sightseeing tour
- The tickets for the designated Shinkansen will be sent to your hotel in Tokyo the day before tour departure. When booking, please provide the hotel's official name, address (all including postal code, prefecture, city, area number, etc.), and the name used for the hotel booking. **Delivery cannot be arranged if you stay at private residences or private lodgings (minpaku).
- This is an open-itinerary plan. Take the shinkansen between Tokyo and Kyoto on your own and make your own way to Kyoto Avanti Sunrise Tours Desk (across from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit) after arriving in Kyoto. Customers are responsible for paying all transportation expenses other than the included transportation listed in the itinerary.
- National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter is included in Kyoto full day sightseeing tour.
- Depart All transportation on the full day tour is by bus in Kyoto. Stops will be made for pick-up at hotels along the way. Seats may not be designated.Depending on the number of participants, a sedan or taxi van may be used instead.
- Nishi Honganji Temple or Ryoanji Temple is visited when the Nijo Castile is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a public holiday).
- Kitano Tenmangu Shrine is visited when the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way).
- Due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- After the full day sightseeing tour, participants will be dropped off at Kyoto Station.The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- We have a strict policy about starting tours on time. If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided.
(1) Please check your ticket for the train number and departure time. Changes may not be made to the scheduled Shinkansen.
(2) The Shinkansen schedule may vary due to timetable revisions, etc.
(3) No refunds will be issued even if the Shinkansen tickets are not used. In such cases, please use public transportation to the destination on your own.
(4) If you must cancel your tour after receiving the Shinkansen tickets, please send the tickets back to the planning company/travel agent.
(5) Changes may not be made to the scheduled Shinkansen. Customers who miss the designated Shinkansen may board a later departing Shinkansen in the non-reserved car section only (same day only).
(6) It is not be possible to bring large luggage whose total height, width, and length exceeds 160 cm onto Shinkansen. Customers with large luggage should either arrange for delivery service themselves or pay a fee (JPY 1,000, tax incl.) to station staff on the day that they board.
(7) For customers age 5 and younger, round-trip Shinkansen tickets and bedding are not included. They will not be provided with their own seat on the Shinkansen, and must sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. If required, please make a booking for them at the child rate or pay directly on site.