Introduction to Kyoto Zen Experience through practicing meditation and sightseeing Japanese garden. In this tour, you will be able to experience unique Zen meditation or practice zazen with a monk in a temple. Visit the beautiful Japanese garden and Zen temple once you finish practicing the meditation. (2.5 Hour Tour)
Day 1 Kyoto Zen Meditation & Garden Tour at a Temple
Meeting Point - 12:30 p.m; Tofukuji Station. After meeting your local guide at Tofukuji Station in Kyoto, we'll head for the annex of Tofukuji. On the way to the annex, you will learn about Zen and the relationship between Zen and Japan and the rules of Zen meditation.
Zen Meditation with a Monk: After learning the manners for Zen meditation, like a proper posture and breathing method, we'll experience it with a monk at the temple! By being concentrated in Zen meditation at a quiet temple, you will gain how to control the state of your mind and feel the serenity.
Japanese garden and temple visiting: After experiencing Zen meditation, we will share the experience and the monk preaches us a bit. After that, we visit the Japanese zen garden and the main temple of Tofukuji to feel more about zen. Then, we finish the tour at Tofukuji Station. Why don't you give yourself healing energy and the feeling of tranquility in Kyoto during the busy trip?
- Zen meditation Experience
- Temple & Garden admission fee
- Japanese tea
- Photos during a tour
- 2.5 hrs with a local guide
- Anyone over 12 years can join this tour
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.