Local travelers want to visit this beautiful site at least once in their lifetime! On this day trip to Nikko, one of Japan's most beautiful regions, visit Toshigu Shrine, dedicated to the first shogun of the Tokugawa era and famous for its carving of the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" monkeys. Entertain yourself at Nikko Edomura, an amusement park that reproduces the life and events of the Edo era. You will also visit the Ninja house and see Ninja performances that display the techniques and tools these secretive agents used.
20 - 31 Mar 2018: Daily
8:50a.m: Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal (Tokyo) Tour departs by motorcoach. The drive to Nikko takes about 160 minutes.
After sightseeing at Toshogu Shrine, please walk on your own to the Fujiya Kanko Center (5 minute walk)
Remarks: The English speaking guide will only accompany you from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal to Nikko Tosho-gu and guide your sightseeing there. After that, you will be on your own with no guide. Due to repairs, all or part of Yomei-mon Gate may be unavailable.
Remarks: The shuttle bus to Nikko Edo Wonderland leaves at 13:20 or 14:40. The amount of time you may spend at Nikko Edo Wonderland will change depending on which bus you take.
8:30 - 9:00pm Tobu Asakusa Station The tour ends upon arrival. Please head to your hotel by yourself.
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter until Toshogu Shrine tour is complete.
- Admission fee (Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Edo Wonderland), Local Bus fee to Kinugawa-Onsen Station and Train fee for Tobu Limited Express KINU - Road maps and tickets will be provided on the departure date.
- Consumption tax.
- Pick up services available
1. An English-speaking guide will accompany you from Keio Plaza Hotel until the end of the Toshogu viewing. Thereafter, the guide is off duty.
2. The admission to Nikko Toshogu, entrance fee to Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura, local bus fee to Kinugawa-Onsen Station and train fare for Tobu Limited Express KINU are included in the tour cost. We will hand participants the itinerary and tickets on the tour day.
3. As a bus is used to reach Nikko Toshogu, the arrival time for Toshogu may change, depending on the traffic conditions. Additionally, sightseeing at the Nikko Toshogu Shrine may also be shortened due to the traffic conditions.
4. A complimentary shuttle bus service will transport guests from Fujiya Kanko Center to Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura. The bus departure times for Edomura: 1:15 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. Depending on the departure time, the stay at Edomura may be shortened. Transportation from Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura to the Kinugawa-Onsen Station is made by Tobu Dial Bus.
5. Coats or other warm clothing are necessary during spring, autumn and winter.
6. This tour involves climbing slopes, stairs and walking the hills in the Nikko Toshogu, so please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
7. This tour shares bus rides with the Nikko 1-Day tour.
8. An earphone guide will be provided to each participant at Nikko Toshogu Shrine. However, this may not apply if there are less than 15 participants.
9. A fee of JPY 10,000 may be incurred if an audio guide is lost or damaged.
10. After Viewing Nikko Toshogu, participants should make their own way to Fujiya Kanko Center (It takes about 5 min on foot.).
11. Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of Toshogu's Yomeimon Gate may not be visible.
12. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before a scheduled date, the tour on the date may be cancelled.
13. No pick up service available. Depart Hamamatsu-cho Bus Terminal (8:15 a.m.) / Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel (9:00 a.m.).