Book your spot now before they're sold out! Watch sumo wrestling, a 1,500 year old Japanese cultural tradition accompanied by an English-speaking guide. The whole area around Ryogoku Station is filled with the atmosphere of the Grand Sumo Tournament. There are also many chanko stew restaurants run by former sumo wrestlers in this area. After arriving in Ryogoku, stop by the Sumo Museum where you can learn about sumo's long history, then continue on to the Kokugikan arena to watch the real thing.
1. Watch the sumo wrestlers' fierce battles from a comfortable reserved seat.
2. The knowledgeable guide will explain everything you want to know about sumo.
3. This is a very popular tour so we recommend making your booking early.
4. This tour can be joined from various meeting points mainly located at major hotels throughout Tokyo
|Time||13:00 - 18:30|
|Tournament Schedule||13 - 27 Jan, 12 - 26 May, 8 - 22 Sep 2019|
|<Chanko or Sukiyaki Dinner Plan> *Additional charge required.
From Hamamatsucho / Ryogoku / Shinjuku
Child Price available, more detail, please ask our consultants.
1:00 -1:20 p.m.
Depart Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or Shinjuku to visit the following by train and on foot. *Report at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
1:50pm Ryogoku Kokugikan (180 min)
Watch sumo matches from 2nd-floor, B-class seating, after visiting the Sumo Museum. Enjoy the thrilling matches from your reserved seat. A sumo brochure and an English sumo ranking list are also provided.
6:00 - 6:30 p.m.
The tour concludes after the match is completed. Return to hotel on your own.
<Chanko Dinner Plan>
Look forward to a meal of chanko hot pot-- the source of sumo wrestlers' power-- or Japan's popular sukiyaki.
When booking, please select either chanko hot pot or sukiyaki for your meal. If a participant's meal selection has not been informed by 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, chanko hot pot will be served by default.
Also, please make vegetarian meal requests at the time of booking.
Same-day meal changes and same-day vegetarian requests are not accepted.
19:30 Tour end
Please head to your next destination on your own after dinner. The guide will provide directions back to your hotel.
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
1. Participants will watch sumo matches from 2nd-floor, B-class chair seating, after visiting the Sumo Museum that is located inside Kokugikan arena.
2. A sumo brochure and an English sumo ranking list will be provided.
3. You may have to wait to be taken to your seat if one of the following events is underway at the time: a sumo match, the ring entering procession of the Makuuchi division wrestlers, the ring entering procession of the Yokozuna, the ritual stomping ceremony, or a speech by the Sumo Association (on tournament's 1st and last days). In such a case, you will be taken to your seat when the event is over.
4. If the minimum number of participants is not met 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
5. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour. You will be contacted if the tour is cancelled.
6. Please refrain from bringing food and drinks into the area. Please purchase food and refreshments from the vendors inside the area.
7. Please note that this tour cannot be joined mid-way through.
8. Children up to 3 years of age may also join, but must sit on the lap of a parent or guardian while watching.
< Dinner Plan>
9. Vegetarian option is available. Please request upon reservation.
10. The menu for children is the same as that for adults.
11. When booking, please select either chanko hot pot or sukiyaki for your meal. If meal selection has not been informed by 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, chanko hot pot will be served by default. Meal selections may not be changed on the day of the tour.