Hop through Ramen restaurants in Ikebukuro which is Tokyo's biggest Ramen district! Your local guide will take you through some hidden and popular places, and it will be a historical tour in it's own right, except that this tour will be a full on tasting experience!!
Day 1 Ikebukuro, Tokyo
16:00 pm: Meet the guide near Ikebukuro station.
According to Japanese locals and one of the oldest Ramen restaurants in Tokyo: Welcome to Ikebukuro, one of Tokyo's most competitive Ramen district. After meeting your guide, you will learn the history and the types of different Ramen. Your first stop will be where the original Tsukemen was invented. With a wooden, vintage interior; this ramen restaurant a must-visit for all Ramen lovers. Enjoy a classic bowl of what started all and learn how ramen is engrained in Japanese culture from your local guide.
A glimpse of where Ramen is headed towards: A rising star in the Ramen industry is uniquely crafted ramen. Your second stop will be a relatively new ramen spot. Here, you can enjoy new types of ramen. Pick what you are interested. Don't worry, you will not be disappointed!
Enjoy a hearty bowl of Tonkotsu Ramen: After a break, your final stop will be a local favourite for Tonkotsu ramen. Created from boiling pork bones, this savoury bowl is starting to become the "4th" ramen after Shoyu, Shio and Miso. We will visit a local, yet popular Tonkotsu Ramen place in the busy city of Ikebukuro.
18:30 pm: Tour ends at Ilkebukuro area. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- English speaking local guide
- 3 bowls of Ramen (two half-sized, one full-sized. Enough for a full meal)
- Tour photo
- Please come hungry as you will have 2 small bowls of ramen and 1 full bowl.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Cannot make an allergy free or dietary restriction food guarantee since food is prepared in kitchens.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.