Customers first receive an explanation of how Kanji (Chinese characters) came to Japan, the three kinds of characters (Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana), along with which one Japanese people choose on different occasions. Then, customers can try writing some characters by themselves with the advice/support from the calligraphy instructor. Finally, customers will try working on the final work which can be taken back home. Don’t forget to write your name at the end.
|Time||Start time is between 09:00 and 15:00
(2-2.5 hours : Including round-trip taxi transfers)
Date : On Request
Your attendant will pick you up from your hotel lobby.
You will go to your instructor’s house with the attendant by chartered taxi.
The attendant will introduce many things, basic information about Calligraphy, Kyoto and Japan.
Arrive at the house, and start the experience.
As you arrive at the house, your instructor will meet you. She/He introduces her/himself firstly, you introduce yourself and then start a basic lecture about the history of Calligraphy.
The instructor will show and explain how to do it. After listening her/his explanation and demonstration, now it is your turn to do calligraphy.
Try to write your favorite Japanese character – “Peace”, “Love”, “Friend” or your occupation and so on – then put your signature to your best work.
Taking pictures of your work, spending your time with the instructor with Q&A, listening to her/his explanations while waiting for a taxi to come.
Your taxi comes to the house. You leave your instructor’s house and go back to your hotel with the attendant.
Note: We may have to use public transportation, depending on the location of your hotel or your instructor’s house.
- Transportation (pick up/drop off)
- English speaking guide or assistant service
1. Programs will be shortened if customers are late for the meeting time due to personal reasons.
2. This tour may have to use public transportation, depending on the location of your hotel.
3. Maximum: approximately 9 people (Customers may be divided into several groups depending on the number)
4. No discount for children.
5. Other foreign language speaking staff than English can be arranged at an extra charge.
6. Observers will be charged a full price as well.