Nozawa's most famous festival, held on January 15th every year, is a must-see cultural experience. Here fire erupts in a designated area of the village where thousands of people gather to celebrate and pray for the well being and good fortune of the village, to ensure a plentiful harvest for the coming year. The Dosojin festival is one of Japan's three most celebrated fire festivals, where torch bearing villagers battle against young men barricaded in a pre-built wooden fort with an aim to burn it down. This festival begins in the early evening and rages through most of the night with fire, food, Japanese sake and an exhilarating atmosphere being the main focus of the evening.
Bus departs at around 3:00pm and arriving back in Hakuba at around 1:00am
Dinner plan available with extra cost.
Day 1 Nozawa
15:00 Depart Rhythm Rentals Wadano (15:00 @Happo Bus Tearminal, 15:00 @ Echoland Spicy Rentals ,15: 15 @Goryu Bus Stop)- 16:10- 16:30 Toilet Stop
- 18:00 Arrive Nozawa Onsen
- 18:00 - 18:30 Walk through village with guides, sample local delicacies and see the sights of Nozawa
- (18:30 - 19:30 Optional Dinner for those who pre-booked )
-20:00 - Fire Festival Refer to information pack for schedule of events
- 22:45 - 23:15 Board bus
- 23:15 - Bus departs from Nozawa Onsen. Please see bus parking map provided on the day of the tour
- 01:00-01:30 Arrive Hakuba
- English Speaking Guide throughout duration
- Walking Tour of Nozawa Village