Let's tour the historic town of Otaru and see all its best locations! Otaru is a very charming town with classic buildings and structures including the Otaru Canal and stone storehouses. Enjoy shopping along the canal on Sakaimachi Street, famous for beautiful music boxes, glass artwork, and candy shops!
Day 1 Sapporo - Otaru - Sapporo
9:00 - 9:15 am: Departure by bus.
Former Hokkaido Bank Head Office: A popular sightseeing spot, this stone building was built in 1912 and is one example of modern architecture in Otaru.
Stroll freely around Otaru Canal: Participants can walk freely through the Otaru Canal area, a famous sightseeing spot representative of Otaru city. Otaru Canal was dug and built in the Taisho Era (1912-1926) and is about 1,140 m long and 40 m wide.
Lunch: Lunch at Grand Park Otaru Lunch will be a 70-minute Western, Chinese, and dessert buffet. During the allotted time, participants can also walk around Wing Bay Otaru (shopping cent
Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura: A well-established sake brewery where you can enjoy the local sake of Otaru. The stone storehouse has also been designated a historical building of Otaru City. Get a behind-the-scenes tour of the sake brewing process.
Stroll freely around Kitaichi Glass, Otaru Music Box Museum & Kitakaro: Enjoy walking freely around the most lively tourist attraction in Otaru. Enjoy shopping in this area lined with glass workshops, music box shops and candy shops.
Board Tenguyama Ropeway: The Glass Studio in Otaru Tenguyama, the symbolic mountain of Otaru. Board a ropeway from the base of the mountain to its peak in about 4 minutes. At this viewpoint, visitors can see Otaru Port and Ishikari Be seen, as well as all the way to Shakotan Peninsula on a sunny day.
18:10 - 18:20 pm: Tour ends at Sapporo. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- Bus fare
- Lunch charge
- Round-trip Tenguyama Ropeway fare (Apr. 19 - Nov. 4 period only)
- English audio guidance
- Please check in at the regular sightseeing bus window on the 2nd floor of JR Sapporo Station Bus Terminal at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. If you are not at the meeting location on time, the bus may depart without you, so be sure to strictly follow departure time guidelines.
- Participants will receive a regular sightseeing bus ticket. At reception, please show a printed copy of the reservation confirmation sheet (voucher). Showing the confirmation on a mobile device screen will not be accepted.
- There is no English speaking guide on this tour. A Japanese-speaking guide will accompany the tour, but will not provide verbal sightseeing guidance. Information on sights seen out the window will be provided by a Multilingual Audio Guide in English, Chinese and Korean. The multilingual audio guide system provides audio information in the selected language as the bus passes predetermined points.
- The time spent at destinations may vary due to road conditions, number of participants, etc.
- Depending on the closed days for each facility and actual time spent at destinations, the arrival time and tour end time may be earlier than planned.
- Group photo at Otaru Canal will be available with additional cost (JPY1,000/per photo).
- Lunch generally starts at noon, but may be pushed back to 13:00 if circumstances require. In such a case, the schedule will be changed to the following.Otaru Canal Terminal 10:35-11:30 → Kitaichi Glass, Otaru Music Box Museum, Kitakaro (Free time) 11:40-13:00 → Grand Park Otaru (Lunch buffet), free time at Wing Bay Otaru 13:15-14:40 → Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura 14:50-15:20 → Tenguyama Ropeway 15:50-16:50 (Stops at each location will be 5 minutes earlier than scheduled)
- Depending on operational circumstances, certain tour dates may be cancelled, or tour operation may cease entirely.