Explore the natural beauty of the underworld with a guide! This program offers you an extraordinary, full-fledged caving experience. Caving is the activity of exploring caves with the special gear on. You can find mystic sights or creatures that have evolved uniquely, all in an underground that formed over long periods. We will take you underground with a guide certified by the Japan Caving Union.
9:45 a.m: Make your own way to the meeting venue to check-in for the tour. (Meeting location: Parking lot in front of Kawakami Village Office)
Explore the cave (Approx. 2 hrs 30 mins). Go into an unspoiled cave with a certified caving guide, explore the caves and find mystic scenery or creatures you can’t normally see. After the caving, have lunch with our guide and other participants.
Tour Ends: To end the tour, go to a hot spring facility by car. Take a refreshing bath with participants. The tour officially ends at the hot spring facility at around 15:00, but take your time in the hot spring and leave when you like.
- Lecture by a certified guide.
- Rental fees of caving equipment (helmet, headlight, jumpsuits, protector, gloves, boots)
- Fee for hot spring
- Minimum: 2 participants
- Maximum: 10 participants
- This program is available to people over the age of 13. People under the age of 20 need to participate with their parents. Please inform us if the group is composed of only participants underage.
- The guide/instructor will explain in easy/simple English.
Things to bring:
1.Clothes wearing under jumpsuits (top, bottom). Chemical fiber type of sportswear, jersey, spats are preferable.
- Please be advised that, even under jumpsuits, your clothes can get a little dirty from mud in the cave as jumpsuits are not waterproof.
- We recommend to wear clothes that dirt can be removed from, or clothes you can throw away.
- Please wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants as you walk in the mountains to the cave.
2. Change of clothes (top, under) - Just in case your clothes get dirty.
3. Change of socks. - Socks can get dirty.
4. Plastic bag for putting dirty clothes in.
5. Towels and change of clothes for hot spring. - Shampoo and soap are available at the hot spring facility.
6. A bottle of water (preferably 500ml) - You can buy drinks around the meeting spot.
7. Travel Insurance certificate. - Just in case, please bring it with you, if you have one.