Explore Kagurazaka, an elegant Tokyo neighbourhood, with the guidance of a local English-speaking guide. Kagurazaka is famous for a roughly 400m hilly road, which extends into various alleyways. View the unique Japanese architecture of this area while lingering in this former hanamachi (Geisha district) located within the midst of temples and shrines. Popular with Tokyo residents for its traditional Japanese accessory stores and stylish restaurants, Kagurazaka is sure to make for an unforgettable Tokyo walk. Enjoy a drink of a delicious local specialty at an authentic Japanese-style izakaya bar.
|Departure||6 Jan - 26 Dec 2019: Tue, Thu, Sun|
Assemble at the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku at 13:50pm
Take a train to Iidabashi Station
Tokyo Daijingu Shrine (20min) One of the five major Shinto shrines in Tokyo, is popular as a shrine for good marriage.
Kagurazaka Street A fashionable shopping and dining district along a sloping street.
Zenkokuji temple & Bishamonten (20min) A Buddhist temple on the main street of Kagurazaka.
Wakamia Hachimangu Shrine / Ushigome Kagurazaka area
Izakaya (30min) Enjoy a delicious drink and a snack at an authentic Japanese-style bar.
17:00pm The tour will end upon arrival at Kagurazaka. (Drop off service not available)
- Guiding by an English-speaking guide
- 1 free drink and snack at the Izakaya (see remarks for details)
1. This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable shoes and clothes. You will walk on slopes and stone-paved paths (approx. 2-2.5 km).
2. If you choose to participate in this tour during the summer, we recommend you wear a hat or visor to protect yourself from the sun. We also recommend you drink enough liquid.
3. This tour uses public transportation to Iidabashi. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
4. The schedules involving temples or shrines are subject to change due to ceremonies being held or other operational reasons at the destinations.
5. Itinerary locations and itinerary order may be changed depending on weather conditions and business hours of tour locations.
6. This tour will be conducted even if it is raining.
7. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour. You will be contacted if the tour is cancelled.
8. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
9. Vegetarian option is not available
10. At the izakaya, participants will be provided with 1 drink ( beer, Japanese sake, shochu, fruit liquor or non-alcoholic beverage) and snack.
Also, enjoy a drink while mingling with other participants. Please note that this is a standing bar. Only non-alcoholic drinks will be served to participants under 20 years of age. The Izakaya may be changed if the usual location is closed on the day or the tour, or due to other operarional circumstances.