The Kimono, Japan's ornate traditional-style garment, is one of the most iconic images of traditional Japanese culture. With this tour, you will have the chance to pick out a kimono from a wide selection, and professionals will help you put it on, as well as arranging your hair and doing your make-up (for female participants). After getting all dressed up, enjoy walking through the streets of Gion, which offers great photo opportunities.
|Departure||07 Jan - 26 Dec 2020: Tue, Thu, Sat|
|Minimum participants||2 People|
Day 1 Kyoto
13:40 pm: Assemble at New Miyako Hotel. Proceed by public transport to the destination.
Kimono & Japanese Hair-styling Experience (50 mins): Try an authentic kimono (yukata in the summer) and a Japanese traditional hairdo. Then go out in Gion, the famous entertainment district.
Gion Walk (70 mins): Gion had developed as a major hanamachi (entertainment district with maiko girls and geiko women) in Kyoto and still keeps an elegant and refined atmosphere of old times. There is no better place than Gion to take pictures in a kimono.
16:30 pm - 17:00 pm Tour disbands at Gion.
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- Kimono are available for people up to 185 cm (about 6'1") tall, and waist sizes up to 100 cm (39 in.).
- During the hot summer months of June, July, and August, participants wear a yukata (light kimono) instead of a kimono.
- Children under 12 years of age cannot take part in this tour.
- As kimono cannot be worn by pregnant women, they may not join this tour. Thank you for your understanding.
- Hairstyling is included. Tabi socks will be prepared.
- After getting dressed in kimono, participants are free to take photos while strolling the Gion area. The tour ends in Gion, and there is no drop-off service to hotels.