Returned from our amazing Japan adventure
Fri, 4 Mar 2016
We returned from our amazing Japan adventure .
- Everything ran smoothly. Hakuba and Tokyu hotel were really good One hint for future would be if people are going over in February they should book places to eat once they get there because even small simple places get full very quickly.
- The snow monkey tour that you booked was excellent including a beautiful traditional Japanese 5 course lunch , which we have heard other tours do not give such good lunch experiences.
- My children organized a great cooking class for me in Hakuba ,we learnt to cook dumplings, run by Sarasa Horii I strongly recommend it ,they run a small accomodation place, she is Japanese and it is taught in their kitchen so you get a real homely atmosphere with it.
- Liz and myself, whilst the boys were skiing, caught a train to Matsmuto and over to the Sea of Japan and had 2 enjoyable days there.
- Our time in Kyoto was also lovely The Machiya accomodation (Kyoto Kiyomizu Machiya) we stayed in was very good and the traditional Ryokan with a 10 course meal and accomodation and breakfast was amazing , it was called Yoshikawa and we would really recommend it if anyone asks you (its not cheap but it was worth it) Seeing the 1000 Buddas and seeing sunset on the golden temple would have to be one of the many highlights.
- We were really lucky at Mt Fuji the day we arrived you coudn't see it ,but the next morning we opened up the blinds at sunrise and there it was in all its glory !! It was clear all day even sunset and the next morning it was the same . The accomodation, Kozantei Ubuya was excellent and had the best view, that being over the lake and straight across to Mt Fuji The only negative about this place in winter is that there are not many places open for dinner and the ones open give preference to all inclusive bookings including our accomodation We did end up finding somewhere to eat though.
- The Japanese people were so friendly and helpful , we always felt safe and welcomed.
- Tokyo we enjoyed too ,the accomodation we booked was in Ginza (Hotel Monterey Ginza), it was very central and the rooms were good.
- The JR pass worked really well, we used it on the trains in Tokyo and Kyoto and of course long distance travelling.
We want to thankyou for everything you arranged for us. It all worked really smoothly and was above our expectations. Next time we travel to Japan we will definitely contact you and we will recommend you to any of our friends.