Explore both Naiku & Geku of Ise Jingu: Ise Jingu is considered to be the most sacred spot in the Shinto religion. During the tour, you will be able to learn about Japanese mythology, culture, and more with an easy-to-follow explanation from your tour guide.
8:45 a.m: Meet your guide and fellow participants at JR Nagoya Station Tourist Information Centre. Make your way to Iseshi Station via transport.
Sengukan & Geku (90 min): Explore Sengukan and Geku (Outer Shrine), Geku is one of the main shrine making up the Ise-Shrine in the city.
Okage Yokocho & Naiku (150 min): Explore around Okage Yokocho street, there're around 55 various shops and restaurants lined up in the tiny town. Stroll around Naiku (Inner shrine), it is considered Japan's most sacred shrine.
5:37 p.m: Tour Ends, dispands at Nagoya Station. make your own way to your next destination.
- English tour guide
- Senukan admission fee
- Consumption Tax
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 7 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled. Bookings for groups composed of only 2 child customers are not allowed.
- Participants using wheelchairs and those who have trouble walking must participate with a companion. Some areas do not have adequate handicap access.
- The guide has tasks to attend to, and cannot provide complete support. Also, please be aware that some areas may require detours, or may not be visitable even with an accompanying companion depending on participants' conditions.
- This tour uses reserved seating on Kintetsu limited express trains for the round trip from Nagoya. Participants who wish may leave the tour midway in Ise. This is convenient for those with plans to stay in Matsusaka, Toba, Shima, or Kashikojima. A pass good for 3 days including the tour date usable for unrestricted travel on trains between Matsusaka and Kashikojima and for designated Ise area bus routes will be handed out. However, you must complete procedures on your own if taking a reserved seat limited express train for the return trip to Nagoya. If alighting in an area outside of the applicable zone, the trip will be deemed complete and the pass will be collected, so please be aware of this when using it.
- If you wish to leave the tour midway, please tell the National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter when meeting for the tour. In this case, participants must sign a form stating they will leave partway through. Refunds for the pass will not be issued even if it is not used after leaving the tour midway.
- If the Kintetsu Limited Express train reserved seats are sold out, or if the train service is interrupted or suspended, alternative transportation may be provided via JR or other service, or via non-reserved seating. In such cases, arrival time to the destination may be greatly delayed. Refunds will not be issued, and additional payment will not be required in such cases.
- Transportation around the Ise Jingu area will be by route bus, so participants may be unable to sit down.
- Depending on customers' walking speeds sightseeing may take more time than planned.
- As Ise Jingu is the site of many ceremonies throughout the year, restrictions may be placed on visiting without prior notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- Times listed on the itinerary are estimates only. The order of the itinerary and arrival times may differ depending on public transportation, road conditions, and congestion at destinations.
- If making plans for before or after the tour, please leave enough time in your schedule. Even if the arrival time is delayed, no compensation will be given for flights, accommodation, meals, taxi fares, etc.
- Customers on this plan must meet at the meeting location on their own. The meeting location is the Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center. Please be careful; it is not the JR Information desk.
- A National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter accompanies this tour.
- Children 0 to 5 years of age may not join this tour. The tour booking charge is different for adult and child customers. Ages are determined based on how old the participant will be on the day of the tour.
- Meals not included. Please have it on your own while taking a walk through Okage Yokocho. Please ask the guide if you have any questions. However, the guide cannot give restaurant recommendations to those with dietary restrictions, allergies, etc. Please choose what to eat at your own discretion.
- This tour is enjoyed on foot, so please participate in shoes and clothes which are easy to walk in.