Visit the ancient capital's most famous sites! This one-day tour takes you across Kyoto to world-renowned temples, shrines, and palaces like Nijo Castle, Sanjusangendo, Kiyomizu-dera Temple and more. With transportation, a guide and lunch included, this tour makes planning your Kyoto day trip a breeze!
|Time||from Kyoto : 08:25 - 18:30|
|from Osaka : 07:15 - 19:30|
|Departure||05 Jan - 30 Dec 2018: Daily (except 17 Feb 2019)|
|Pick-up service||See the following hotel list regarding pick-up services for this tour.|
|Drop-off service||Drop-off services are available to hotels with pick-up services available.|
|Code||from Kyoto JG-BUS1NN1001NNS|
|from Osaka JG-BUS1NP9101NNS|
|From Osaka Departure : Additional charge required|
Without lunch plan available,
more details, please ask our consultants.
7:15 a.m: Depart Hotel Granvia Osaka. Take the JR rapid train (non-reserved seat) to Kyoto Station.
Heian- jingu Shrine (25min): Don't miss the bold red architecture of this beautiful shrine built to celebrate the 1100 year anniversary of the founding of the city of Kyoto.
Sanjusangendo Temple(30min): Visit the world's longest wooden structure, housing 1,001 life size statues of Buddhist Kannon deities dating back to the 13th century.
Kiyomizu-dera Temple (70min): The view of Kyoto from the World Heritage Site of Kiyomizu-dera Temple is superb. The historic shopping lane that leads to the temple also adds to a wonderful experience.
17:30 - 18:30p.m. Drop off Service from Kyoyomizu-dera temple to each hotel (Kyoto only).
<For Osaka> Ride JR rapid train non-reserved seat to Osaka Station from Kyoto Station.
6:30 - 7:30p.m: Arrive at Osaka Station. Tour concludes upon arrival.
Desired pick-up point MUST be indicated when booking.
Please gather at the pick-up point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
2018 departure Kyoto Pick-up Points& Bus Departure Time
ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto* 8:50 a.m. Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto* 8:10 a.m. Karasuma Kyoto Hotel* 8:15 a.m. Kyoto Hotel Okura 8:00 a.m. Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto 8:40a.m. Kyoto Tokyu Hotel 8:50a.m. AVANTI sunrise tour desk ( Kyoto station Hachijo exit) 8:30 a.m.
- English speaking guide
1. As Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following dates, tours on these dates will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead.
(Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
2. The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on 25 June, September 25 and December 25.
3. Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If the castle is closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
4. During the Jidai Festival on October 22, the Heian Jingu Shrine is closed to the public and will be replaced in the itinerary by Chishaku-in Temple. If the Jidai Festival is postponed, we will follow suit with the itinerary change.
5.During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 14 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
6. Connections from this tour can be made to the "Kyoto Maiko Dinner" and "Kyoto Night Tour". Connections are generally made at Kyoto Hotel Okura or Kyoto Handcraft Centre.
7. This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden.
8. Please note that due to repair and restoration work, park or all of Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall may not be visible.