Visit Osaka Castle, built in 1583 as the intended capital of Japan, before the capital was moved to Edo (now known as Tokyo). Walk through the newly renovated castle while learning from the exhibit detailing the life in old Osaka. From there, walk to the river boat dock nearby to board the Aqua Liner for an hour-long cruise around Nakanoshima.
07 Jan - 25 Dec 2018:Tue Thu, Sat, Sun
(except 18 Jan, 8 Feb 2018)
12:40 pm: Depart Hotel Granvia Osaka and visit the following by train and on foot.
Osaka Castle (60 min) - Osaka Castle is noted for its magnificence and immense stones used in its construction. The castle, towering over the city, stands on a stone rampart. Many relics of the Toyotomi clan - who built the castle originally, and Old Osaka are exhibited inside.
Aqua Liner (60 min) - Enjoy a boat ride with passing views of Osaka Castle, Twin Towers, City Hall on Nakanoshima Isle, etc.
4:15 - 4:45pm Tour disbands on arrival at Osaka Station.
- A certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
1. The tour will be accompanied by a certified English-speaking guide.
2. Minimum participants required to operate tour: 2 persons.
3. This is a walking tour (includes total 3 km walk), so please wear comfortable shoes.
4. Public transportation will be used. Seating may not be available. Means of transportation to be used may be changed depending on circumstances.
5. If the Aqua Liner does not operate due to weather conditons, the Osaka Museum of History will be visited instead. Refunds will be given when the museum is closed, such as a Tuesday. Customers will receive refunds of JPY 1,360/Adult and JPY 680/Child from the guide on the tour day.