Visit Sumiyoshi-taisha Shrine, the most important shrine of all the Sumiyoshi shrines in Japan. It is registered as a natural treasure, and it has a long respected history. During this tour, visit Shinsekai, where you can see the symbol of Osaka (Tsutenkaku Tower) and a lively atmosphere. While at Shinsekai, enjoy Osaka's soul food, Kushikatsu!
09 Jan - 28 Dec 2020: Mon, Fri *Please check availability with one of our consultants
8:50 a.m: Depart from Swissotel Nankai Osaka and take a local train to Sumiyoshi Taisha Station.
Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine: Shinto shrine in Sumiyoshi, this shrine is the main shrine of all the Sumiyoshi shrines in Japan. Built more than 1,800 years ago, and is registered as a natural treasure. After exploring the shrine, take the tramcar from Sumiyoshi Torii-mae Station to Ebisu-cho Station.
Shinsekai: Explore Shinsekai neighborhood, where you can see Tsutenkaku Tower - the symbol of Osaka - looming in the distance. Sightseeing the lively and energetic atmosphere brought about by flashy signs and high-spirited barkers. Enjoy Kushikatsu (deep-fried meat or vegetable on skewers)during the tour. Afterward, take a local train to Namba.
13:00 p.m: The tour will end upon arrival at Namba Station.
- English speaking guide
- Kushikatsu charges
- Consumption Tax
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day before the tour. If the tour is canceled, customers will be notified by the conducting company or their travel agent.
- Public transportation will be used to move around on this tour. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- This tour is accompanied by a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter (English- or Chinese-speaking). Choose from an English- or Chinese-speaking guide when booking the tour.
- Nine sticks of kushikatsu will be served (including 3 sticks of beef, pork katsu, squid, lotus root, and eggplant).
- [Vegetarian Option] For customers that cannot eat meat or seafood, please make a request on the day. These will be changed to vegetable kushikatsu.
- Egg and dairy items cannot be removed from the menu.
- As this is a walking tour, please wear shoes and clothing that are suitable for walking. (A distance of about 2 km will be covered on this tour.)