Drink like a local, night bar hopping at Kyoto with a local guide! Explore hidden izakaya bars and eateries in the backstreet of Kyoto that are hard to find for tourists. Crawl through three local Japanese bars with a friendly guide, experience insight into how locals in Kyoto enjoy the night! (3 Hour Tour)
Day 1 Kyoto Bar Hopping Nightlife Tour in Pontocho
Meeting Point - 18:30 p.m: Gion Shijo Station in Kyoto. After meeting up, spend the next three hours pub crawling our way through some of Kyoto's best local spots.
Backstreets of Pontocho: To start, a local guide will take you to an izakaya bar (a local tavern) on Pontocho street, one of the most well known night streets, full of local izakayas to grab a drink or nibble on small dishes at. Have a fun conversations with the local guide about Kyoto nightlife, as well as the Kyoto lifestyle. Next, the guide will be taking you to places only the locals know and recommend, making for a one and only experience!
Continue Bar Hopping: This tour will continue to hop to different bars in the backstreets of Kyoto. You can try some authentic izakayas that serve yakitori or sashimi with crisp, cold draft beer. Or, if you're a sake-lover, the guide will help you navigate through a sake standing bar that serves Kyoto-made sake. You'll love every single hole-in-the-wall place that would be hard to find on your own.
Explore night in Kyoto: Guide will give you some tips and insider info on how to enjoy your Kyoto night. Also, we'll play some local-style games and quizzes like the locals do during this tour! Enjoy the great bars, talk with and make local friends, and have a memorable night out in Kyoto.
Tour ends: Tour will disband at Gion Shijo Station.
- 3 Drinks & 1 Food Plate (You can select from our special menu) (Vegan menu available)
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- Photos during a tour
- Please note that there may be other participants
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited. please note that we may not be able to change the tour venues in this case.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.