Take a morning tour to some of Kyoto's most famous sites and discover why this ancient political capital of Japan is now the historical and the sightseeing capital! Recommended for first-time visitors, the tour visits the World Heritage Sites of Kinkaku-ji Temple with amazing golden shariden and the famous Nijo Castle. The tour will conclude after visiting the Kyoto Imperial Palace, leaving your afternoon free to explore on your own.
|05 Jan - 30 Dec 2020: Daily
|From Kyoto: 1NN1701NNS
|from Osaka: 1NP1401NNS
|From Osaka Departure additional charge required
Day 1 Kyoto
Nijo Castle (50 min): The Kyoto residence of the Tokugawa Shogun, the main keep of which was built in 1603, is noted for the contrast of its solemn exterior and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkaku-ji Temple (45 min): This temple is renowned for its beautiful Japanese garden and stunning Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace (40 min): [Except Mondays] Gain exclusive access to the former residence of the Emperor of Japan, who oversaw many important functions until the capital was moved to Tokyo in 1869. [Mondays and Tuesdays when Monday is a national holiday] Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (40min) This shrine's main hall is a designated national treasure. The shrine is especially great to see during the plum blossom and autumn leaf seasons.
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm: Arrive at Kyoto Station. Tour concludes upon arrival.
13:15 pm - 13:45 pm: From Kyoto station take a JR rapid train non-reserved seat to Osaka Station. The tour will end upon arrival at Osaka Station.
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Admission fee
- Consumption tax
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- After sightseeing at Kyoto Imperial Palace, the bus will stop by the lunch venue for the 1-day tour. After that, participants will be dropped off at Kyoto Station.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.