See the two major sights of Japan's ancient capitals all in one day! This tour takes you on a morning tour of the world-famous Kyoto, to experience one of Japan's most important historical and cultural cities. After lunch, visit the nearby Nara, another historically known capital and home to the towering Great Buddha of Todaiji Temple.
|Time||From Osaka: 7:25am - 19:30pm
From Kyoto: 8:30am - 19:30pm
|Departure||Jan. 5 - Dec. 30: Daily|
|Code||from Kyoto :JG-1NN2101|
|From Osaka departure additional charge required|
7:25 a.m: Depart from Hotel Granvia Osaka and walk to Osaka Station. Board a rapid service train to Kyoto, then head to AVANTI Sunrise Tour Desk (Kyoto station Hachijo exit). *Report at least 10 minutes before departure.
8:30 a.m: Depart AVANTI Sunrise tour desk (Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit) to visit the following by bus. *Report at least 10 minutes before departure.
Nijo Castle (50 min): Tour the historical castle completed in 1626, built to provide lodging for the Tokugawa Shogun and
Kinkaku-ji Temple (45 min): Visit the Golden Pavillion, designated as a Special National Historic Site and Special National Landscape, with 2 floors covered entirely in thin layers of pure gold and detailed architecture incorporating three distinct styles of shinden, samurai, and zen.
Kyoto Imperial Palace. (40 min): Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed to the public on the following days. During these times, Kitano Tenmangu Shrine will be visited instead: (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event). Walk the massive grounds of the ancient shrine, built-in 947 as a tribute to scholar and poet Sugawara no Michizane, whose abundance in knowledge has made the shrine a popular location for students to pray before taking their entrance exams.
Lunch (70 min): Enjoy a Japanese/Western-style buffet for lunch. After Lunch, head to Nara via Nara Keinawa Expressway.
Todai-ji Temple & Nara Park (60 mins): Behold the world's largest bronze statue, Great Statue of Buddha, whose tremendous height of 14.98 m (49.1 ft) required nearly 10 years in the making and over 3,000 metal plates. In Nara Park, interact with over 1,200 wild deer that roam the park, considered sacred messengers of Shinto gods according to local folklore.
Kasuga Grand Shrine (40 mins): Study the thousands of stone lanterns that line the path to this serene shrine hidden in the woods.
Nara Nagomikan (20 mins): Splurge at Nara's biggest souvenir shop, selling a vast variety of food products, sweets and goods exclusive to Nara.
6:30 - 7:30 p.m: Tour Ends. Drop off to listed hotels (Kyoto Only).
6:30 - 7:30 p.m: Arrive at Namba Station in Osaka. Tour concludes upon arrival.
This tour cannot be booked on the same day as the Kyoto Night Tour or Kyoto Maiko Dinner due to time constraints.
Please gather at the pick-up point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Kyoto Pick-up Points & Bus Departure Time:
AVANTI sunrise tour desk (Kyoto station Hachijo exit) 8:30 am
Kyoto Drop-off Points:
Kyoto Hotel Okura, Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto (*limited to staying guests), Karasuma Kyoto Hotel, Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti (across from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit), Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto, Kyoto Hotel Tokyu, ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto, Kyoto Tower (Kyoto Station Karasuma Exit)
*Subject to change due to operational reasons. Please re-consult the departure location and time with your travel consultant at the time of booking.
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event)
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding. Please inform us at the time of booking if any person in your group is using crutches or a wheelchair, or has a chronic illness that makes it difficult to walk for long distances.
- At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion.
- Connection to the Kyoto Night Tour or Kyoto Maiko Dinner is not possible.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available. For those that don't require lunch, please make a booking for the 'without lunch' plan: consult with your travel agent.