Explore the best breakfast in Kyoto at Nishiki Market with a knowledgeable local guide! Stroll around Kyoto's classic backstreets and learn Kyoto's food culture by tasting the authentic cuisine. A passionate local guide will teach you interesting local stories about Kyoto food culture during the tour. (2 Hour Tour)
Day 1 Nishiki Market Breakfast Walking Tour
Meeting Point - 9:30 a.m: Gion Shijo Station
Gion District: Start out the tour by enjoying the fresh, morning air while walking through Gion. A local tour guide will take you around the serene and quaint morning town of Kyoto, which is a big contrast to the vibrant energy at night. After a healthy exercise from a little walk to stimulate your appetite, we will pay a visit to a shrine loved by locals.
Nishiki Market: Experience Kyoto's "one-of-a-kind" breakfast at Nishiki Market known as the "Kitchen of Kyoto." Nishiki Market has over 400 years' worth of history which has been loved and recognized by locals as the "Kitchen of Kyoto" for a long time. According to the name, "Kitchen of Kyoto," it implies that Nishiki Market is rich with the famous gourmet cuisine of Kyoto. You will have the opportunity to savor a "one of a kind" Japanese breakfast along with tasting four to five exquisite dishes selected by your local guide.
Tour Ends: Dispands after the visit to Nishiki Market, the rest of the day is your free leisure.
- 4~5 food samplings of various market delicacies!
- 2 hours with a local guide
- Photos during the tour
- All ages can join this tour
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Please bring some cash for your additional orders
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.