See Kyoto's highlights on a three-hour morning sightseeing tour. A perfect introduction for a first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Miyagawacho Geisha District, Ishibei-koji Street and the Gion District. You will also visit Yasaka Shrine, see the willow trees along the Shirakawa River and visit the Heian-jingu Shrine. This tour concludes at Kyoto Station.
|Time||09:15 - 13:00|
|Departure||06 Jan-27 Dec 2019: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (except 17 Feb)|
9:15am Assemble at Kyoto New Miyako Hotel. Continue on bicycle to the following.
Miyagawacho Geisha District - The tour cycles around in Miyagawacho, the second biggest among the five entertainment districts in Kyoto. Along with Gion, the district has its unique taste with machiya (traditional wooden merchant houses) lined along narrow streets.
Ishibei-Koji Street - The traditional feel of this stone paved street in Gion is a gem in Kyoto for those who know where to find it.
Gion District - This area had developed as a major hanamachi (entertainment district with maiko girls and geiko women) and still keeps a refined and elegant atmosphere of old times.
Yasaka Shrine - Yasaka Shrine is dedicated to a local deity and is a popular sightseeing spot in Kyoto, attracting numerous tourists through the year.
Shirakawa River - Don't miss the bold red architecture of this beautiful shrine built to celebrate the 1100 year anniversary of the founding of the city of Kyoto.
12:30 - 1:00pm Arrive at the Cycle Terminal at Kyoto Station. The tour will conclude here. Please head to your next destination on your own.
- Cycle Rent
- Consumption Tax
- Certified English-speaking guide
1. Participants are required to have the ability to ride on a public road. There will be no refunds given if participants are not able to ride a bicycle during this tour.
2. This 15km cycling tour will be held regardless of weather conditions. Rain gear will be provided free of charge.
3. At the participants' request, this tour can be changed to a walking tour in rainy conditions. In this case, the course of the tour will be altered.
4. Areas that require an admission fee at Heian-jingu Shrine will not be visited.
5. Children 11 years of age or younger cannot take part in this tour.
6. Customers less than 155cm in height may not participate in this tour.
7. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met 5 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date will be cancelled.