You can see Sapporo from different perspectives by walking slowly with local guide!
Have a glimpse of the history of Hokkaido’s pioneering days and at the same time walk leisurely in the Hokkaido University Campus with abundant nature.
It is an interesting course that you can experience the beauty of nature and the history in the middle of the large urban city Sapporo.
Day 1 Sapporo
9:00 am/13:00 pm: Meet the guide at the meeting place.
Hokkaido University: The buildings from the Sapporo Agricultural College built in the Meiji Era, are being used even today as school buildings. Find yourself in the presence of several dozens of Japanese elm trees and gigantic trees over a hundred years old have been growing there.
Former Hokkaido Government Office: Red-brick building built in 1888 in the American neo-baroque style. An iconic symbol of Hokkaido, it houses historic exhibitions, a museum shop, a tourist information office, and a conference room.
Sapporo Clock Tower: A symbol of Sapporo that was constructed during the early period of Sapporo's development in 1878 as a drill hall of the Sapporo Agricultural College. Today, the Clock Tower serves as a museum with displays about the building's history and Sapporo.
12:00 pm/16:00 pm: Tour ends at Sapporo station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- English speaking guide
- Public Transportation fees (For taxis or hired cars, additional actual fee will be charged.)
- Sapporo Clock Tower admission fee
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- The Former Hokkaido Government Office is now closed due to renewal construction and can be seen the building from outside.
- Minimum 2 people
- The itinerary (tour completion time, visiting schedule, & others) may be changed due to weather conditions or other operational reasons.
- You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group