Local guide show you the endless rows and alleys, twists and turns of Shinbashi, the 'salaryman (office workers) in the world. Explore the streets and experience how Japanese people unwind after a long day at the office in a maze of eateries, izakayas and standing bars. This is a perfect tour for people wanting to avoid the 'touristy' areas of Tokyo!
16:30 pm: Meet local guide outside Shimbashi station
Stop for local bites and an introduction to drinking and dining culture in Tokyo. Once you finished with grilled treats, head to another spot that specialises in Oden - Japanese soul food consists of variety of ingredients such as boiled eggs, vegetables and fish cakes stewed in a light soy flavoured broth.
Next up, Skewers. You will get to try Yakitori-meat and veggie skewers grilled over charcoal.
You will have a chance to indulge in a perfect, rich, savoury, bowl of Ramen noodles, help you practice your essential SLURPING noodle techniques!
Finally try a traditional Japanese sweet called Taiyaki, a fish shaped baked sweet with cream or read bean paste filling. You will have the opportunity to watch this being baked in front of you.
19:30 pm: Tour ends at Shimbashi station. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- English speaking Local guide
- 5 food stops with local and seasonal food
- 1 drink
- Dessert (Traditional Japanese sweet)
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Anyone over 20 years old can join this tour (only person over 20 years of age can drink alcohol because of law in Japan).
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Cannot make an allergy free or dietary restriction food guarantee since food is prepared in kitchens.
- This tour could possibly visit the place where smoking is not prohibited.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.