This 1-day guided tour from Tokyo takes you to some of Nikko's most popular sightseeing spots like World Heritage Site Toshogu Shrine, the mesmerising 97 meter high Kegon Falls, and beautiful Lake Chuzenji. It includes round-trip transportation from Tokyo by bus.
This tour visits scenic places that are very popular with Japanese tourists during fall (late Oct. - early Nov.) and spring (late Apr. - early May). On weekends and national holidays at these times, traffic can get extremely heavy and alterations to the itinerary are likely (see "Remarks"). As such, we highly recommend AVOIDING weekends and holidays during these seasons and joining on weekdays when typically fewer domestic tourists are visiting. Please note that traffic and other circumstances may cause changes to the itinerary on weekdays as well.
09:00 - 20:00
|Guide||English-speaking guide service is included.|
|Pick-up service||Not available|
|Drop-off service||Not available|
|Without Lunch discount available|
- Due to expected traffic congestion during the peak autumn season, the tour will not visit the Kegon Falls or Lake Chuzenji between 11th October and 6th November. During these dates, the tour will visit either the Rinno-ji Temple Taiyu-in Mausoleum, Nikko Futarasan Jinja Shrine, the Kirifuri Falls, or the Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa. No refunds will be made even if substitutions mentioned in remarks 1 and 2 occur as a result of traffic conditions on dates not mentioned.
- The to the above itinerary on dates other than that listed above due to traffic congestion, or other unforeseen circumstances. No retour may also be changed funds will be provided for changes in the itinerary.
- Note arrival times may be delayed due to traffic conditions as this tour will travel by bus.
- As temperatures drop in Nikko, it is highly recommended to bring an overcoat or other warm clothing from fall to spring.
- This tour involves walking the hills and stairs of Toshogu Shrine and Kirifuri Falls. Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and sneakers are recommended.
- Earphone devices will be provided at Nikko Toshogu Shrine in order to directly hear the tour guide. However this may not apply if there are less than 15 participants.
- A fine of JPY 10,000 may be charged if earphones are lost or damaged.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of Toshogu Shrine's Yomeimon Gate may not be visible.
- Vegetarian option available for lunch. Please request upon reservation.
- Depart Hamamatsu-cho Bus Terminal (8:15 a.m.) / Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel (9:00 a.m.).
*Report at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
Kegon falls (30 min)