This 1-day guided tour from Tokyo takes you to some of Nikko's most popular sightseeing spots like the World Heritage Site Toshogu Shrine, the mesmerising 97 meter high Kegon Falls and beautiful Lake Chuzenji. It includes round-trip transportation from Tokyo by bus.
This tour visits scenic places that are very popular with Japanese tourists during fall (late Oct. - early Nov.) and spring (late Apr. - early May). On weekends and national holidays at these times, traffic can get extremely heavy and alterations to the itinerary are likely (see "Remarks"). As such, we highly recommend AVOIDING weekends and holidays during these seasons and joining on weekdays when typically fewer domestic tourists are visiting. Please note that traffic and other circumstances may cause changes to the itinerary on weekdays as well.
09:00 - 20:00
|Without Lunch discount available|
8:15am Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel or Hamamatsu-cho Bus Terminal (Tokyo) Tour departs by motorcoach. The drive to Nikko takes about 160 minutes.
Nikko Toshogu Shrine (100 min) Marvel at the ornate architecture of this famous World Heritage site. This tour includes viewing of Yomei Gate and the Main Hall.
Lunch Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch at a local restaurant.
Lake Chuzenji (10 min) Created by an eruption of Mt. Nantai, this lake is a symbol of Nikko.
Kegon Falls (30 min) Known as one of Japan's 3 great waterfalls, Kegon Falls is an impressive 97 meters and gushes water from Lake Chuzenji.
Hanyu Parking Area (20 min)* Depending on road conditions, the tour may stop at a different parking area (rest area) instead of the Hanyu Parking Area. In this case, please note that the different rest area will not be a representation of an Edo Period town.
7:00 - 8:00pm The tour will return to Tokyo by motorcoach. Tour disbands in Shinjuku or Ginza (Drop off service not available).
* 2018 departure: arrive at Shinjuku. Free dismissal either location. Tour concludes apon arrival.
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
- Due to expected traffic congestion during the peak autumn season, the tour will not visit the Kegon Falls or Lake Chuzenji between 11th October and 6th November. During these dates, the tour will visit either the Rinno-ji Temple Taiyu-in Mausoleum, Nikko Futarasan Jinja Shrine, the Kirifuri Falls or the Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa. No refunds will be made even if substitutions mentioned in remarks 1 and 2 occur as a result of traffic conditions on dates not mentioned.
- Referring to the above itinerary, on dates other than that listed above due to traffic congestion, or other unforeseen circumstances. No retour may also be changed, funds will be provided for the changes in the itinerary.
- Note arrival times may be delayed due to traffic conditions as this tour will travel by bus.
- As temperatures drop in Nikko, it is highly recommended to bring an overcoat or other warm clothing from fall to spring.
- This tour involves walking the hills and stairs of Toshogu Shrine and Kirifuri Falls. Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and sneakers are recommended.
- Earphone devices will be provided at Nikko Toshogu Shrine in order to directly hear the tour guide. However, this may not apply if there are less than 15 participants.
- A fine of JPY 10,000 may be charged if earphones are lost or damaged.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of Toshogu Shrine's Yomeimon Gate may not be visible.
- Vegetarian option available for lunch. Please request upon reservation.
- Depart Hamamatsu-cho Bus Terminal (8:15 a.m.) / Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel (9:00 a.m.).