Did you know that the Sumo-wrestlers' day starts very early?
Well, the morning training can start as early as 6 am and highly ranked/skilled wrestlers normally start their training from 8 am. This tour will welcome you to a very special and unique experience to watch their training from a very close distance. You will probably be surprised to see how big they are and how lively it is!! If you are lucky, Sumo wrestlers may take photos with you after the practice!
Day 1 Ryogoku, Tokyo
8:00 - 8:30 am: Meet the guide at the JR Ryogoku station
Watch the Sumo morning training at a Sumo table in Tokyo:
If you go and watch the match in the Sumo Stadium it's really difficult to get a seat close to the sumo ring, but the good thing about this tours that you get to watch their training from a very close distance!!
A local tour guide will take you to the "World of Sumo":
How well do you know about Sumo? Do you know about the rules of the Sumo match? Do you know what the Sumo-wrestlers eat to grow big? Don't worry, that's why a local tour guide will be there for you throughout the tour to give you insights. We will be using cards and have quizzes to explain all the questions you have about Sumo. Please feel free to ask any questions during the tour!
10:00 - 10:30 am: Tour ends at the venue. Please make your own way to your next destination.
- Entrance fee of Sumo morning practice
- Tour photos
- English speaking local guide
- Out of respect for Sumo wrestlers, please agree with the followings
-Note that Sumo practice is not for sightseeing
- No chatting, no food and drinks inside
- Once you leave, you are not allowed to re-enter, if you leave during practice please do while on break time quickly and quietly
- Mobile phone/smartphone should be on silent mode
- When take photos, don't move your positions and no flashlight, no shutter sound
- No filming inside (photos can be taken)
- Avoid wearing a revealing dress
- Due to the situation of the worldwide spread of coronavirus, you may not be allowed to enter the sumo stable if you look sick with either sneezing or coughing to protect the wrestlers’ health condition.
- As Sumo stables has the right to adjust their schedule in the last minute based on their tournament schedule and wrestlers' condition, please note that there is the possibility to cancel the tour due to the sudden change or cancellation of the practice by sumo stables. In that case, we will fully refund your booking.
- Available for those who are only over 12 years old since those who are younger than 12 years old are not allowed inside the sumo morning practice.
- Please be aware that guests may have to sit on the floor as most of stables do not usually offer chairs.
- The sumo stable has the right to refuse guests who offend the rules of the stable and in this case, we will not be able to refund.
- Sumo stables decide if the audiences are allowed to take the photos of sumo wrestlers or the photos with sumo wrestlers. Please note that there is the possibility that you cannot take those photos in the case the sumo stables rejected for whatever reasons.
- In the case that the group is large, the group may be split into the different groups and each may visit different stables.
- You may not be allowed to go to the toilet during the practice, so please make sure to go to toilet before the tour starts.
- The duration of sumo practice may prolong sometimes, which may cause the tour end later than the estimated time.
- Out of respect for other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. You will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled if you are late for the tour and missed the group.
- We might sometime ask you to change the time/date depending on the availability of the Sumo morning practice schedule.
- This tour doesn't operate during the actual tournament. Please check with your travel consultant for more details.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.