Explore the cat covered island of Tashirojima or 'Cat Island' off the coast of Miyagi prefecture. Enjoy walking around and discover why this island worships and believes that cats are important to their society. See temples, uniquely shaped houses and indulge in the local cuisine.
|Departure||From Ishinomaki Station|
|Code||JG - ACT1T01004TTA|
Day 1 1 Day Tour of Cat Island
Meeting Point 8:30: Meet at Taxi Boarding Area at Ishinomaki Station, Board the Taxi
08:45: Ajishima Line Ferry Boarding Area Ferry Ticket Exchange & Boarding
09:00 - 09:44: Transfer via Ajishima Line Ferry
09:44: Free Time Sightseeing at Tashirojima. You may like to visit the cat shrine where they worship cats.
11:00 - 13:00 -Lunch
13:55 - 14:40 Transfer back to Ishinomaki Port via Ajishima Line Ferry
14:40 - Tour Ends: Board the Taxi and return back to Ishinomaki Station where the tour will disband.
- Taxi Fare
- Ferry Fare
- Consumption Tax
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- This is an unguided plan, so please go to the meeting location on your own.
- Those who forget to bring their reservation confirmation sheet or reservation confirmation e-mail may be unable to participate, so please make sure to bring it.
- The ferry may not be in operation or may not dock at the port, or the timetable may be changed depending on weather and sea conditions. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour.
- If the tour is canceled, customers will be notified by the conducting company or their travel agent.
- Seas may be rough depending on weather conditions, so those who may have motion sickness are advised to drink medicine
- Arrival time(s) may be delayed depending on road conditions. Even if you arrive late due to a public transportation delay, no refunds will be given, and no compensation will be given for ferry costs, meal costs, taxi fare, etc. Please be forewarned.
- A separate charge is required to enter the Ishinomori Manga Museum. Please select the drop-off location at the time of booking for those who want to get off at the Ishinomori Manga Museum on the return trip.
- Participants are to make their own way from Ishinomori Manga Museum to Ishinomaki Station.
- The driver will be waiting for participants holding a placard with the Sunrise Tours logo.
- Drop-off will be at the Ishinomori Manga Museum or Ishinomaki Station. (Please specify the drop-off point at the time of booking.)
- Drivers speak Japanese only.
- Please understand that there is no vegetarian option available, and food allergy requests cannot be accommodated.
- Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only